MCIA programs are designed to help clients maximize value in four main areas.
1900 Hendon Ave
Saint Paul MN 55108
Toll Free: 1-800-510-6242
Organic Toll Free: 1-855-213-4461
How to Certify
- Apply for membership to MCIA and the Minnesota Turf Association (if not already a member).
- Review program standards, instructions and forms.
- Purchase an eligible seed mix from a seed supplier approved as a sod seed vendor for this program (see list of approved sod seed vendors).
- Plant seed in fields meeting the land requirements for the sod type being grown.
- Apply for field inspection supplying proof of seed planted and location of the field.
- MCIA shall inspect the field to determine the field's conformance to standards for presence of required turf species, isolation, and freedom from weeds and other objectionable species.
- Obtain a sod certificate for each sod shipment.
- Provide a sod quality assurance certificate to the buyer for each load of quality assured sod delivered.